Skip to main content

Five Breakfast Tips to save you time and money on Slimming World

Does anyone else find it difficult to plan for breakfast? I certainly do, especially when I know I could have that extra five, ten or even half an hour in bed.

A lot of people I know take so much time prepping and let's face it, quite often we really do not want to do it. Over the past 10 months since I started slimming world, I have come up with some really quick and easy ways to manage my breakfast and not make it boring. I am also saving for a house so I really do not want to be spending all my hard earned cash on breakfast food every day. I need things I can buy in bulk and not have to spend a single penny.

1. Breakfast in a cup. If you follow me on Instagram you will know I have this a lot. It is something I found on the Slimming World website and is a life saver. It takes no more than five minutes to prep and make and I am probably being overly cautious on the time barriers here!

You will need:

1 x Egg
1 x Mug
2 x Slices of wafer thin ham chopped
1 x Mushroom chopped
A pinch of parsley/ mixed herbs / chives - whatever you feel like (this can be dried or fresh)

Put the chopped ham and mushrooms in the bottom of the cup, crack the egg on top. Pierce the egg once with a knife or fork - this will stop it from exploding all over you. Once all of this is done, place in the microwave for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds sprinkle over the herbs you have chosen and resume in the microwave for another 60 seconds.


2. Another one of my favourites is when I have slimming world sausages for tea the night before... people usually use their left overs to make soup or for lunch the following day but me...no I find things to use for breakfast to save me time!!!

Syn Free Sausages and beans. I literally put the beans on a plate with the sausages and heat for approx 2-3 minutes and it's ready! I know it isn't very inventive but hey, if it saves me time, money and keeps me full who am I to complain? You could also replace beans with spaghetti in tomato sauce if you don't like beans as I know some people don't like beans! 


3. Okay so the next one isn't that exciting but I pop an egg in boiling water on the hob whilst I am getting ready for work and by the time I am done the egg is ready. I pop 1 slice of brown bread into the toaster and slice my egg while I am waiting. I put some tin foil around it and eat it while i am driving to work. Again it really fills me up and only takes minutes. Also, because I will only have had 1/2 of my HEXB allowance, I then have room for a salted caramel HiFi bar from slimming world to keep me going until lunch time. I also stock up on lots of speed food like grapes, oranges and apples if I need something extra mid afternoon. 

4. Poached eggs on toast. Some people find poached eggs hard to make but as I know how to make them I am able to do them in three minutes along with 1 slice of brown toast and some olive spread (1/2 syn depending on how much you spread on). 

5. Finally, the last quick breakfast tip I have is to make egg muffins on a Sunday night. This is the one thing I use most of my prep time for however, they are easy to grab and go one done and extremely cheap. 

I start by whisking 2 eggs in a small bowl. Then add anything you want such as; ham, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, spinach etc. Once it is all mixed together, start to distribute into mini cake molds or a tray mold. If you are using a metal tray mold I would recommend spraying each section with frylight before using. Once they are all in place in the oven on 180 degree or gas mark 5 for 20 minutes.

Does anyone else have any quick breakfast tips? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Away Slimming World Syns List - Indian

I absolutely love Indian food and for the most part you can make this at home. Slimming World have an amazing Fakeaway book which is a definiate must read to stop high fat cravings. As part of my ongoing quest to update the internet with the current take away slimming world syns, here is my list of Indian faves! Indian Takeaway Syn values Chicken Bhuna – average portion – 11 Syns Chicken Biryani – average portion – 12.5 Syns Chicken Curry – average portion - 11.5 Syns Chicken Dhansak – average portion – 6.5 Syns Chicken Jalfrezi – average portion – 8.5 Syns Chicken Kashmiri – average portion – 9.5 Syns Chicken Korma – average portion – 16.5 Syns Chicken Makhani – average portion – 16.5 Syns Chicken Saag – average portion – 11 Syns Chicken Tandoori – average portion – 9 Syns Chicken Tikka Balti – average portion – 11.5 Syns Chicken Tikka Masala – average portion – 14.5 Syns Chicken Vindaloo – average portion – 8 Syns Prawn Bhuna – average portion – 10 Syns Veg

My Take Away Resruarant Slimming World Syns List

I find it really difficult to find up to date information about Slimming World online. I think this is because all of the Forums are from between 2010 and 2014 when the 'Red and Green' days still existed. Obviously Slimming World has changed somewhat since then and it makes the new guidelines for the plan much easier however...I cannot find anything online about Take Away food. I know that Slimming World has pages for each of the most popular take aways but it doesn't really go into much detail about their syns, especially my favorite which is Thai Food. Here is a list of everything I have compiled together for a 2017 Slimming World Take Away Restaurant Syns List. As it will take some time to go through this I am going to be writing my findings in a series of posts about how you can still eat take aways on your Slimming World plan. THAI FOOD Starting with my absolute favorite. On the main Slimming World website it does suggest things like Pad Thai Jay or Khao

Slimming world lunches on a budget

Slimming World is known for having so many different items of food that you can eat with low syns or no syns at all. Often lunch time is where you find the highest syns with lots of bread, creamy sauces and carbs everywhere! I went to the gym this morning and stocked up for next week on a four items all under 3 syns each. First things first Batchelor's Pasta 'n' Sauce which if you follow me on Instagram you will know is one of my absolute go to, quick fix lunches. I think I have had it most days this week. Anyway...In the supermarket today I found these and they are only 1.5 syns. SYN HEAVEN. They are great because you don't need to add anything else other than hot water and they taste the same as the packets. They are limited in options though as there was only this flavour and the chicken and mushroom one on the shelves. The chicken and mushroom pot was also 1.5 syns. On the Slimming World Lifeline Online there is another options but maybe they haven&#